Free Marketing Tips!
Here are a few ideas to get you started, all with low or no cost, which should especially help you in the early days of your business.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but is just a few ideas to start you off.
1. Get a domain name in the name of your business or of what you do. Marketing is all about building others’ perception of you and using hotmail, aol, blueyonder etc just screams "I’m a one man band working at home" – even if you’re not!
2. Have some business cards printed. Keep them clear and concise – and don’t forget the back.
3. Think about a logo and branding. This may just be a colour scheme to start with, but keep it consistent in everything. From business cards, to headed paper to your website.
4. Ask people you know to introduce you to others who might benefit form your service or products.
5. Collect testimonials and case studies from happy customers. Use them to provide evidence of how good you are.
6. Run seminars and workshops for your target audience.
7. Find out more about Public Relations. PR is free, and you get more exposure than if you advertise.
8. Use good quality paper for your business stationery – back to perceptions again.
9. Write an executive summary about your business. Use it as the basis for leaflets, an email attachment, an appendix to letters or anywhere else where you need to define what you do as part of your marketing activity.
10. Get out and network. Go to networking events and free seminars to meet others who might be able to help your business. You can also network on line through various discussion groups and networking sites. Don’t forget to see how you can help others, don’t just be a taker.